Thursday, May 5, 2011

Oh Susanna!

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments. I'm sorry I haven't responded to all of you, but I trust that you understand and you'll forgive my rudeness. Life with 3 kids under 5 years old, is well, busy. But Susanna is sleeping pretty well during the day so I've had lots of time to spend with her big sis and big bro.

Sweet Susanna - 6 days old

In March, I was lucky enough to win a beautiful charm pack from Corey, aka Little Miss Shabby.

Beautiful Charm Pack from Little Miss Shabby

My original plan was to make a little quilt for the NICU ward at the hospital (our guild provides quilts for all preemie babies born in Prince George). However, when I made that plan I was convinced this baby was a boy. Now that she's here, I just can't resist the gorgeous prints Corey sent. So, I started sewing them together last night and I'm going to make Susanna a quick patchwork quilt.

Doesn't Susanna look sweet on her quilt?

And since I'm using Corey's charms for Susanna, I promise to use my own fabrics to make a preemie quilt too. They are small (max 30" square) so I don't think it is too crazy of a plan.

Thanks Corey for the beautiful fabric.

7 comments:

felicity said...

What a beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Enjoy!

Jessica said...

I can't imagine life with 3 under 5, the fact that you even are thinking about sewing shocks me :) Susanna is gorgeous!

Petit Design Co. said...

she looks so much older than 6 days old!
I'll be joining you soon in the mommy of 3 category

Clumsy Chord said...

Adorable! Congrats!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I would say yes that is a great plan. aww just look at her, she is so sweet.

Tong said...

oh barb she is SO CUTE!! can't wait to see the new quilt for her and more pictures of her of course =P

Poppyprint said...

Thanks for popping in and sharing your little angel with us, Barb!!! Glad to hear you are getting a few moments to yourself - that's golden!