Thursday, April 21, 2011

Speechless!

When I started this blog, I considered it as a way of documenting my hobby. I never could have imagined that I would make friends...honest, to goodness, friends...from my blog. But I have. And I've also rediscovered the kindness of people all over this beautiful world of ours.

I returned home from my first-ever quilt retreat last weekend to find a parcel from Darci. She told me she was sending me a little something for participating in her interview with a sewer series so I decided to save it until the kids were asleep so I could enjoy my package.

Baby Quilt from Darci

But never in a million years did I expect what what was inside. Darci made our new baby a beautiful quilt. Isn't it gorgeous?

Close-up...Aren't those little squares yummy?

The colours match my nursery perfectly. I'd admired them over on flickr, but never thought they'd be for me! Check out how it coordinates with my new moses basket bedding!

y
The quilt works perfectly with the new Moses Basket bedding.

Thank you so much Darci. I was overcome with emotion when I opened your parcel. It is the first gift our new baby has received, and I will treasure it. And use it. The quilt is the perfect size for the carseat, stroller and as a floor quilt. You are so sweet to think of us.

I appreciate your gift, but I value your friendship more.

Happy Easter everyone!

8 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Awww, that's really great! You girls are cute :)

Poppyprint said...

Now, that is really nice. I'm blown away by the generosity of bloggy friends, too. What a sweet quilt for your baby!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Sweet~

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous quilt! Such a sweet gift. Our 'nursery' colours (baby is in our room, but all the bed linen etc) are all in that exact same colourway - I recently stitched up a couple of sleeping bags in the leftovers from making a Single Girl quilt in those colours.

What Comes Next? said...

It is a beautiful quilt!

Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts said...

it's lovely!

Darci said...

You are soooo welcome! I had alot of fun making it and I love making things for others that quilt and sew it makes it extra special. I love our friendship ( via the internet) too! I can't wait to see what you have. Goodluck since I know it is really soon.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh it's so cute. That fabric is darling. I love it. What a great quilt.