Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bee Inspired VQB Wrap Up

I finally finished my last block for the bee inspired Virtual Quilting Bee. It's a bit embarrassing to admit that this was supposed to be April's block, but I'm pulling out the "I just moved" excuse. 

Lisa sent a beautiful mix of prints and solids for her block and asked for something inspired by a quilt Tacha made for her daughter. Go check out Tacha's gorgeous quilt...don't worry, I'll wait...check this one out too...it is made with lovely Heather Ross horses (which I adore) and improv style piecing. Yum.
So, this is what I came up with. I'm annoyed that the yellow is touching in two of the corners, but I decided I can live with it. I'm really not a tear apart kind of girl.

As for my own bee inspired blocks. Do you remember this stack of fabric? Well, now it is a stunning stack of quilt blocks. I really need to move them out of the UFO pile and into the WIP pile. It would be a lovely complement to my new pillow in my living room.

Have you assembled any of your VQB quilts? Or are they like mine sitting in nicely organized piles? How do you get your inspiration to get them finished?

1 comments:

Nanette Merrill said...

Catching up with you. So much going on all the time I feel like I don't get enough blog hop time. Lovely stuff here. It is good to see your things.