Friday, August 7, 2009

A start...

I finally got a start on my Doll Quilt for DQS7. I dug into my scrap bin for some little log cabins. And I'm going to try my hand at some fusible applique. There was only one iron/fusible web incident last night. Does anyone know how to get the yucky black stuff off of fabric? Does it come off? If not, I may have to start over...I've also been working on my 9-patch quilt along from Amanda Jean. Yes, I know, I am very behind. I've got all of my blocks made and now I have to figure out the lay-out. I'm making it for a friend who just graduated from Vet School so I really need to get it done. Here are a couple of blocks:
My son helped me take pictures this morning:And finally, I did a bit more online shopping from this store. I love that it is Canadian and the prices are excellent. And Cheryl sent samples. Of yummy Echino fabric.
And I finally caved in and bought some Far, Far Away. I love it. But will I ever have the guts to cut into it?
And some more Amy Butler. And some other stuff. Yes, it is an addiction.

4 comments:

~Michelle~ said...

Um yeah...LOVE IT ALL! What more can I say? Can't wait to see the finished products :)

Marianne Penner said...

Both your projects are looking beautiful! I'm doing the second round 9 patch quilt-along with AmandaJean too.

Vivian said...

You've been busy, busy, busy. Aren't our addictions fun?

Jackie's Stitches said...

Beautiful! I love each block!